Why is Pride of Drug Discoverer Compact the right tool for me?
Pride of Drug Discoverer Compact is a semi prep HPLC System. It is designed for a wide range of professionals including medicinal and organic chemists in drug discovery departments, ethnopharmacists, phytochemists, natural product chemists in research institutes, and SMEs, biotechnologists and peptide chemist, etc.
For this group of professionals, flexibility is of utmost importance. They have to move from analytical mode to producing small samples from a new peak they found. Often they have to work out in the field close to the sample source. Furthermore, they operate in a competitive environment. At that stage, the value of the target compound is not yet high. Thus, the costs of tools they use must be competitive.
Managers are afraid to lose knowledge by drug discoverer. Indeed, they manage drug discoverer with distance and control, by commoditizing their environment and by keeping staff-turnover unpredictable. Although discovery is serendipity most discoverer that have a deep relationship with their tools are more successful. The modular construction empowers you to quickly maintain your equipment yourself.
Every Drug Discoverer uses his preferred tools. If he is close to his production tool he will dare to improve his methods and to test new ideas. He will not do that with complex AI-driven tools.
Pride of Drug Discovery is designed with the hope that this tool induces Passion for Professionalism, a Pioneering spirit, and a Mindset for Precision and Productivity in Drug Discoverer. (Referred to as 5P people)
Details of Pride of Drug Discovery™ Compact
Pride of Drug Discovery™ is a highly effective, competitively priced compact preparative purification/separation system containing
• Interface: 3xUSB, 2xLAN, RS232
• Power supply: 100 – 240 V AC
• Power input: 400 W
• Dimensions W x H x D: 500 x 678 x 482 mm (19.69 x 26.69 x 18.98″)
• Weight: 55 kg (121.30 lb)
The Modular Compact Prep System is controlled by a built-in PC and touchscreen. You can configure the unit according to customer needs. Installed industrial PC with Intel Atom 4 core processor. OS Linux, Touch screen 12,1“ 1024 x 786, SW QUEEN controls gradient, flow rate, wavelengths, fractions collection, etc. Remote administration is also available.
On the right-hand side of the Compact, you find an automatic sample injection valve that is driven by a stepper motor. It is automatically switched by software. The System also allows manual sample injection by opened column
• Flow rate: 0.1 – 50 ml/min
• Maximum operating pressure: 30 MPa (4351 PSI)
• Flow rate setting: 0.1 ml/min steps
• Repeatability of flow rate adjusting: ± 1 %
• Accuracy of flow rate setting: ± 2 %
• Wetted materials: stainless steel, PEEK, TefzelTM, PE, ceramic, seals *
• Output capillary outer diameter: 1/8”
• Input tubing outer diameter: 1/8”
The sample and solvent are pushed through the column by a Preparative Quaternary Gradient Pump. The pump offers a flow rate of up to 250 ml/min. At a flow rate of 100 ml/min, the max Pressure is 30 MPa and then linearly down up to 15 MPa at 250 ml/min. Unit software includes a new learning algorithm for pulsation suppression including many testing and diagnostic functions.
• Wavelength range: 200 – 800 nm (256 elements on CCD)
• Number of channels (Signals): 4
• Scan: 200 – 800 nm,up to 20 Hz, step 1 nm
• Typical spectral half-width: 10 nm
• Accuracy of adjustment / Reproducibility: ± 1 nm / ±0.5 nm
• Noise level at test cell (254 nm, TC 0.75s): ± 5 x 10-5 AU
• Drift at test cell (254 nm after 1 h): 1 x 10-3 AU/hr
• Materials in contact with mobile phase: FEP; fused silica, stainless steel, PEEK
• Time constant (T63): 0.5 s, 0.75 s, 1.0 s, 2.0 s, 4.0 s, 8.0 s, 16.0 s, 0.2 s, 0.1 s
After the pump, the purified compound flows through a cell In the UV-VIS diode array detector, which allows measuring the absorbance of four wavelengths in the range of 200–800 nm simultaneously in one cell just as scanning of whole spectra. Standardly is assembled with preparative cell PLCC07L, but other cells are available.
Fraction Collector Specification
• Supplied racks: two racks per unit
• Available racks with test tube sizes: No. EC08, 48 tubes of 8 ml, No. EC21, 36 tubes of 21 ml, EC40, 24 tubes of 40 ml
• Maximum flow rate for tubes 8 ml: max. 50 ml/min
• Maximum flow rate for tubes 21, 40 ml: max. 300 ml/min
• Wetted materials: FEP, Tefzel®, PPS, KEL-F, PTFE, PEEK, SS 316, glass SIMAX
• Input tubing: OD 1/8“ x ID 1/16“ FEP
finally, the separated molecules reach the Fraction Collector. Fractions are collected according to the chosen method, which is simply created using a touch screen. It directs each Fraction into tubes of either 8, 21,40 ml content locates in a Rack.
To download USER GUIDE please click here (Attention it is a large package !)