Process Scale Chromatography
Process Scale Chromatography is divided into two segments 1. Bio-Process Chromatography for large biogenic molecules and 2. Elevated Process Chromatography (HPLC) for small synthetic molecules. Bio Processes anre primary aequeous and HPLC solvent driven.
Video Clips relating to Process Scale Chromatography
What Process suits your requirement?
The very first step is to define what process you require for purifying your particular kind of compound.
A. What are your sample compounds?
- Organic Synthetic Compounds with MW <2000 (Heterocycles, Vitamins, Organo-metallics, Hormones, Agro chemicals)
- Natural Products (Biogenics) with MW <2000 (Saccharides, Lipides, Phospholipides, Isoprenoids, Steroids, Alkaloids, Flavenoids, Terpenes, Polyphenols, Saponins, Proanthocyanidins, Tannins etc from a wide range of matrixes)
- Amino Acids, Peptides, Oligonucleotides
- Large scale chiral separation
- Inorganics Separation (Cations and Anions, Metals, Nobel Metals, Acids, Alkalis, Industrial Waste,
- Hydrometallurgical- refining, leachages, extracts, precipitants
- Protein, Biomarkers and Biotherapeutic Proteins (Enzymes, Membrane Proteins, Recombinant Proteins, Antibodies, extracts from mammalian Tissue, Erythrocytes, Yeast, Bacteria)
B. Sample preparation?
In what condition is the compound supplied for chromatography processing?
Is sample preparation necessary?
What type of sample preparation is necessary?
C. Target Purity
- Least %
- Ideal %
D. Environmental factors
- Does the compound have to be process in organic solvent or can it be done in aqueous systems?
- Is ATEX configuration necessary?
- Are there facilities for solvent recycling?
- . What shall happen with the by-products?
E. Process equipment selection
- Anticipated Business volume (g, kg or tons per day/week or month of pure compound)?
- Envisaged process life?
- Envisaged process and maintenance costs?
- Envisaged capital cost?
- Strategy to finance capital investment?
- Separation materials to be used?
- Has a phase evaluation been conducted to assure selection of the most effective material.
F. Preferred Process Mode
- Single columns batch chromatography (Flash, MPLC, HPLC, Expanded Bed Purification, new experimental processes)?
- Parallel column chromatography?
- Continuous column processes (SMB , SSR)?
- New experimental processes?